Monday, September 15, 2008

Chicks Dig the Long Ball

Okay, I'll admit it. While I love the game of baseball, I am partial to the home run. There is just something about it that drives me wild. It changes the outcome of a game. It makes history. It is arguably the biggest stat celebrated. I love a good, old fashioned game of baseball, where base hits score the runs. However, I love to see a ball fly out over the centerfield wall, some 400 feet away. I hate the home run when it's against my team, but it's still something special to watch. Here are some of the big home run hitters this year, and guys that all the chicks can dig:


Carlos Quentin (36 HR's)








Grady Sizemore (32 HR's; 110 career HR's in 4 MLB seasons)









Ryan Braun (35 HR's; 69 HR's in 2 MLB seasons)








Evan Longoria (22 HR's; Rays rookie record)






Josh Hamilton (31 HR's)







Chase Utley (31 HR's)





David Wright (31 HR's)







Alex Rodriguez (34 HR's; 552 career, 12th place on all-time list)





Nate McLouth (26 HR's)




Matt Holliday (25 HR's; 128 HR's in 4 MLB seasons)





Mark Teixeira (30 HR's; 200 HR's in 5 MLB seasons)